Welcome to the first issue of the Professional Organizers Blog Carnival for 2015! After hours and hours of considering various options, I finally nailed down the topic of Decision-Making.
I’m kidding, of course. This fabulous topic was chosen by our sponsor, Hazel Thornton, creator of The Clutter Flow Chart Collection. So let’s kick off the year with a post by Hazel herself: Decisions, Decisions….
Word must be getting out about the Professional Organizers Blog Carnival, because we have seven new contributors this month! Please show them a warm welcome by reading their posts, commenting, and sharing them on social media.
- Mary Johanson – Your JUNK or Your LIFE
- Melanie Sobocinski – Tools of Time Management, 2: The List
- Lisa Gessert – It’s Personal….
- Kim Tremblay – “Clutter is Really Just Deferred Decision Making”
- Andrea Brundage – Paper Piles and Delayed Decision Disorder (DDD)
- Donna Smallin Kuper – Clutter and the Battle of the Bulge
- Autumn Leopold – Why We Can’t Wait For the Perfect Decision
And be sure to bookmark or pin this post, because there are many more interesting submissions here that you won’t want to miss! I’ve organized them by subcategory so you can easily find the information that’s most pertinent to your – or your client’s – situation.
How we make decisions
- Sue Becker – What Type of Decision Maker Are You?
- Linda Samuels – Navigating Choices & Decisions
- Lisa Mallis – Colliding Priorities – Oh My!
- Janet Barclay – Book Review: “How We Decide” by Jonah Lehrer
How to make decisions
- Anne Blumer – D.E.C.I.D.E.
- Chrissy Halton – Be Decisive – how to get things done!
- Sabrina Quairoli – Explaining Needing and Wanting to Kids
- Audrey Cupo – Learn to Shop with Intent
- Debbie Rosemont – Too Tired to Make the Right Choice?
- Seana Turner – Thoughts on Self Storage
- Christine Salberg – The Fork in the Road
Deciding what to keep and what to let go of
- Nancy Borg – Why Uncertainty Can Clutter Your Home
- Laura Wittmann – How to Make Decisions About Your Stuff When You Hate to Make Decisions
- Lisa Woodruff – I.D.L.E
- Kate Martin – What Do I Do With All of These Papers?
The impact of making (or not making) decisions
- Melinda Massie – Own It. Rock It.
- Janice Russell – The Unclutter Decision
- Deanne Kelleher – Think – Sleep – Decide – Conquer
- Linda Clevenger – It’s Not a Decision – It’s a Choice (no longer available)
As someone who often struggles with indecision, I found all of this advice to be invaluable. I even collected a few posts that I found especially helpful (along with a few other resources) on my Pinterest board, Decisions, Decisions!
Thanks to everyone who participated in this month’s Professional Organizers Blog Carnival, especially our sponsor, Hazel Thornton, creator of The Clutter Flow Chart Collection.
Next month’s Blog Carnival topic is Organizing for Couples, and it will be sponsored by Stacey Agin Murray, author of The Organized Bride’s Thank You Note Handbook. We’ll start accepting submissions tomorrow, and I look forward to reading your posts.