It’s been a rough winter for many of us. Here in Hamilton we had the coldest February on record! Days like that are perfect for staying indoors and organizing – maybe even venturing into those parts of the home that are often ignored – so I’ve invited my readers to share their posts about Organizing Basements and Attics.
One thing I’ve learned from reading these posts is that whether houses have attics and/or basements varies by region, but the principles for organizing them are essentially the same. So no matter which area you need to organize, you’re sure to find some great information here. As you read the posts, be sure to share your favorites on social media using the hashtag #POBC, and leave a comment to let the bloggers know you found them here!
I’m excited to welcome Karen Sprinkle as a new participant this month, with her post, 5 Steps to Clearing the Clutter from your Storage Space.
Benefits of Organizing Your Basement or Attic
- Clare Kumar – Letting Go – Give yourself permission to liberate your mind and your basement
- Hellen Buttigieg – Basement DeClutter: The How and the Why
Organizing Specific Areas of the Basement or Attic
- Audrey Cupo – I have formed a new support group
- Sabrina Quairoli – Laundry Room Closet Organization
- Amber Kostelny – Organizing Sports Equipment
- Hilda Rodgers – Purging & Storing Leftover Paint
Products and Tips for Organizing Storage Areas
- Julie Stobbe – Tips for Storage Rooms in your Basement
- Debbie Rosemont – Make Your Attic Space Your Storage Space
- Tina Blazer – The Most Important Room to Organize
- Hazel Thornton – Be Kind to Yourself and to Your Boxes; Get Some Shelving!
- Autumn Leopold – Clutter is Alive and Well and Hiding In Your Home
- Janet Baker – Organizing Storage Areas So That Finding Is Not A Problem
More Basement and Attic Organizing Ideas
- Andi Willis – Basement Organizing Tips
- Ellen Delap – Organizing a “Texas Basement”
- Nancy Haworth – Organizing the Attic
With this wealth of information at your fingertips, you’re all set for your next basement or attic organizing project!
Tomorrow we’ll begin accepting submissions on the topic of Spring Cleaning for April’s Professional Organizers Blog Carnival, which will be sponsored by Donna Smallin Kuper, author of How to Declutter and Make Money Now.
Photo © dirtypaper / FreeImages.com