Interested in submitting an article to Your Organizing Business?
Check out the guidelines below and, if you think you're a good fit, fill out the Guest Blogger Application.
Guest Blogging Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines very carefully. If you pitch a topic that isn't relevant to our readers, or if there are any typos in your application form, your application will be deleted.
- All guest posts must be specifically relevant to professional organizers and productivity consultants. If your application doesn't explain how your topic will fulfil this, it will be deleted.
- I do not accept "how to organize" type posts unless they address unusual situations and provide educational value to my audience.
- Please use the Search box at the top of the page to make sure your topic hasn't already been covered.
- Posts are typically 500-1000 words in length, but longer or shorter ones will be considered.
- Preference will be given to original posts which have not previously been published.
- Guest posts may be self-promotional or include marketing links, as long the content is educational. I reserve the right to remove excessive links or any links that appear spammy.
- Once I have agreed to publish your post, I ask that you don't publish it anywhere else online, including on your own website or blog, for at least six months. You are both welcome and encouraged to reprint an excerpt from the article along with a link back to this blog.
- All posts on Your Organizing Business include a horizontal image between the introductory paragraph and the main article. If you have something suitable, please feel free to send it along. Additional images may be included if they are directly relevant to the article content.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them.
- If you did not take the photo yourself, you must attribute the image to its source in whatever manner is required by the copyright holder.
Author Resource Box
- Please provide a brief bio, which will appear at the end of your post. Your name will link to your website or blog, and you are welcome to include links to your social media profiles as well. Links within your bio are not permitted.
- If you have a Gravatar account, your headshot will appear in your Author Resource Box. If you don't, please provide a link to a page where I can download your headshot, or send it as an attachment to your article.
- All guest posts must be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. I reserve the right to make minor edits not affecting the content of the post without notifying you.
- Once your post has been published, I will publicize it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and my email list. It will also be publicized randomly as long as it remains on the blog. Your post will remain on the blog as long as the content remains relevant.
- I will email you a link to your post, and I expect you to share it on any social media sites where you have accounts, on your website, and/or in your newsletter.
- Please take the time to reply to comments you receive about your article on Your Organizing Business.
Apply to be a Guest Blogger
- Guest blogging is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers and grow your audience. To learn more, read 6 Reasons to be a Guest Blogger.
- Guest post submission is not a guarantee of publication. Due to the high volume of applications I receive, I am unable to respond to applicants I do not consider to be a good fit for my blog. I will be in touch if I'm interested in publishing your post.
If you’re still interested in being a guest blogger, please complete the Guest Blogger Application.