How to Generate More Home Organization Leads Online
This page may contain links to Amazon.com or other sites from which I may receive commission on purchases you make after clicking on such links. Read my full Disclosure Policy
One of the things I love about the organizing industry is how everyone is so willing to help one another. In this post, professional organizer Olivia Parks shares some of her favorite lead generation strategies.
You have an excellent service to offer, home organization, but how do you grow your business? You can grow your home organization business through online lead generation strategies. Both online and offline lead generation works. In this digital era, you can drive a ton of leads online. So what is lead generation, and how do you use it?
What Is Lead Generation?
A lead is an individual who is interested in what you are selling. Lead generation, therefore, is the process of identifying and initiating contact with your prospective clients.
Many options exist for online lead generation. Let’s explore the options that will help drive more customers to your home organization business to help your business grow.
Identify Lead Generating Keywords
Keywords are the backbone of online marketing. You can increase your organic search visibility, rankings, and traffic with the right keywords.
How Do You Identify the Right Keywords?
You will identify the best keywords with the help of keyword research tools. With these tools, you can research and select relevant, competitive, and well-structured keywords based on your target audience.
Effective keyword research tools include:
Set Up a Google My Business Listing
Today’s customers begin their shopping journey on Google. If you have set up a Google listing, you’re more likely to show up in the search results. When potential clients decide that it is time to organize their home or office, they’ll type something like “professional home organizers near me.”
Google My Business is a free business listing tool that you can use to boost your presence on Google search and Google maps. Besides offering your business a huge online presence, a Google My Business listing has other benefits.
- A menu displaying your business services
- A listing of your scheduled business hours
- Photos of your business
- Public questions and answers
- Customer reviews (You can ask your customers to review your business here.)
- Contact details
How to Set Up a Google My Business Listing
Creating a Google My Business listing is not only simple but also free. Here’s a quick guide for creating a Google My Business listing.
- Visit Google Business.
- Click “Get Started.”
- Enter your business details.
- Specify your operational areas.
- Complete the verification process through Postcard, phone, or email verification.
Build a One-Page Lead Generating Website
The main focus of online marketing is your website, so it should be designed to generate leads. However, you don’t need a complex multi-page website. A one-page website can be just as effective.
There are many website builders to choose from, but we highly recommend using WordPress. Its drag-and-drop simplicity and mobile-friendly capabilities give it an edge over other web builders.
Other benefits that give WordPress an edge include:
- Software that makes it easy to create a website without using code
- Hundreds of theme templates for website design
- Software that makes it easy to add content quickly
- Automatic updates for themes and plugins
- Responsive support team and extensive knowledge base
How to Set up a Website for Conversions
We recommend doing the following when you create your one-page website.
- Create a striking headline that expresses the main benefit of your company.
- Include a supplementary subhead to put emphasis on the heading.
- Display your phone number(s) in the top right corner of the page.
- Place multiple strong calls to action on your site. You can use phrases like “schedule free consultation” or “call today” or “get a free quote” that will invite visitors to take action and contact you.
- Include social proof such as testimonials and numbers of customers you have served.
- Provide detailed contact information and a contact form on your page. The right-hand side of a page is a good place to put a contact form.
Set Up Online Directory Listings
To further your lead-generating efforts, create listings on online directories. Online directory platforms are like global marketplaces. Customers can quickly find the services they need and make informed decisions based on information like customer reviews.
Your organizing business will be grouped by location, size, and niche. To create even more leads on these online directories, you can pay for advertising on these directory platforms.
Here are three online directories you can list your business on.
Leverage Your Customer Reviews and Testimonials
Customer feedback plays a huge role in a strong online presence. So put effort into getting those reviews. Encourage your satisfied consumers to post a review about the successful home organization project you completed for them.
Respond to negative reviews politely and in public. Responding to both positive and negative reviews will show your commitment to future clients. You should also feature top reviews on your website and frequently update them to generate more leads.
How Reviews Help You to Generate More Leads
- They display social proof.
- They make you stand out among the crowd.
- They boost your website’s organic traffic.
- They help gain the trust of potential customers.
Use High-quality Company Photos
Photos are a great way to market your professional organizing business because they speak volumes that words may not express. Whether it is photographs of completed projects or photos of your staff, high-quality company photos may help to:
- Attract more customers
- Convert more website visitors
- Establish confidence and credibility in comparison to stock photography
How to Choose the Right Photos for Lead Generation
For the photos on your website to work as a marketing tool, they need to be relevant and unique. Use these tips when selecting photos.
- Pick high-quality photos that are large, clear and well-lit.
- Choose images that build credibility, such as scenes of your staff at work or a before and after photo of a completed project.
- Diversify your choice of images to include the different aspects of your business.
- Use photos that highlight the uniqueness of your company.
Focus on Email Marketing
Email marketing remains the most effective marketing channel, outperforming social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing. You can collect emails from your previous clients and offer an email newsletter option on your website. A weekly or monthly newsletter allows you to stay in the back of your clients’ and potential clients’ minds.
Newsletter Content Ideas to Generate More Leads
When you send automated emails to your subscribers, your intention is to get them to read your content. You need to have content that keeps your reader engaged, starting with a powerful headline. It will also help if you are consistent with your emails.
Some great newsletter content ideas to help you remain relevant and consistent include:
- Promotions, offers, and discounts
- Welcome series for new subscribers
- Home organization tips
- Company and industry news and updates
- Holidays and observances reviews
- Employees and customers spotlight
- Before and after photos of jobs you completed
As you can see, there are many tested and effective ways to generate online leads for your home organization business. Try out the online marketing strategies above for your home organizing business today.