Social media marketing can be a bit daunting when you don’t have a good system in place to organize it. You need to keep track of all your different social profiles, make sure you respond to all the mentions you receive, post great content regularly and so much more. This can lead to a bit of a headache though, if you simply leave it all to chance. In this blog post, I’m going to share my top tips and tricks for how to organize your social media marketing and become more productive and efficient.
The best way to go about organizing your social media marketing is to try to simplify as many of your regular tasks as possible, and where possible, look for ways to automate them. This doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be sacrificing your results from social media, in fact, by organizing and simplifying it you can even improve your results in the long run. Here’s how to get started:
Organize your updates in an editorial calendar
A good social media marketing strategy requires you to be very active and post updates regularly. As a solopreneur and entrepreneur that doesn’t have someone dedicated to social media marketing, it can be a bit of a pain to make sure you are always posting updates when you need to.
In order to make your job just a little bit easier, you can start by organizing all of your updates in an editorial calendar. This way, you can schedule updates for when you won’t be online and you also make sure you’re sending updates every day, as opposed to whenever you have the time to post something.
Keeping an editorial calendar will ultimately help you save time as you can schedule updates ahead of time and you won’t have to spend time every day thinking of what you should post; rather, you can do it all in one go for an extended period of time, and otherwise, try to engage with other users whenever you can. It will also help you improve your results, as you can make sure you never miss an opportunity to reach your audiences with one of your updates.
Many social media management tools offer this feature, such as Agorapulse, Sprout Social or Sendible. Some also let you add any evergreen content you might have on your website to be re-published on a regular basis, without you having to schedule or post them by hand every time.
Organize your followers
As you grow your follower base on social media, you need to find ways of organizing them in order to help you keep track of all the different connections, relationships, as well as any brand advocates or influencers.
The best way to go about it is to use a customer relationship management tool. Many of the major social media management tools provide CRM tools; use them to:
- Tag your followers based on past interactions, what types of leads they are and so on
- Keep track of past conversations with your connections so you’re never out of the loop
- Keep track of customer service issues: customers are increasingly using social media for customer service, so it’s useful to have information on them handy so that you can more easily assist them with any issues
Organize your social media monitoring
A good social media strategy involves a lot of monitoring. There are several things that you should be monitoring, such as:
- Mentions of your brand: use a social inbox like the ones provided by Agorapulse or Sprout Social to keep on track of all your mentions, across social networks. This system makes it much easier to see exactly what mentions need responding to, and the fact that you get them all in one place can help you save a lot of time.
- Your brand name: in some cases, users won’t always tag your brand handle in their social media updates, so you need to monitor your brand name for this eventuality. You could uncover potential issues that if left unattended, would be damaging to your brand. By monitoring, you will be able to quickly see and act upon any mention of your brand name on social media.
- Your competitors: what are your competitors up to? What types of updates are they posting and what results are they getting? See how you compare to your competitors and use them for inspiration on how to improve your social media strategy.
- Relevant keywords and hashtags: by monitoring relevant keywords and hashtags you will be able to find opportunities for engagement, new potential followers and even more leads. Make sure to check these monitoring searches regularly so that you can jump into any conversations happening right then, and boost your engagement.
Use a tool to find great content easily
A good social media strategy will often involve sharing some great content with your followers. However, it can be very time consuming to have to look for great articles every day that you can share.
There are quite a few tools that can help you with this and make your job much easier. For example, you can use a tool like Feedly, where you can set it up so you get the RSS feeds from all your favourite sources, which you can then easily share from within the app. Or, you can use something like PostPlanner, which helps you discover great content and gives your content recommendations based on your industry or your interests.
Social media doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming if you have a good social media management tool to help you organize your campaigns and strategy. You can browse through some of the best tools on the market right now in order to find the right one for you based on its features and pricing with this tool.
What are some of the ways you’re organizing your social media to help make your life easier?
What methods are you using to help you save time with your social media marketing?
Related articles across the web