Create a gravatar and show us your smiling face
This page may contain links to Amazon.com or other sites from which I may receive commission on purchases you make after clicking on such links. Read my full Disclosure Policy
I love it when a reader leaves me a comment, especially when their headshot comes up next to it. It’s almost as good as a face-to-face conversation!
Instead of a photo, some comments come up with this picture:
Since I’d just love to see more of your faces, I thought I’d let you know how to make your picture show up next to your comments on my blog, as well as others. It’s really pretty simple.
- Sign up for a free account at www.gravatar.com. (Gravatar is short for Globally Recognized Avatar, which is an image that follows you around when you post on sites that are gravatar-enabled.)
- Add any email addresses that you use when commenting on blogs. A confirmation email will be sent to each account, with a link to activate it on your Gravatar account.
- Upload images from your hard drive, or enter the image URLs if they already appear on a website.
- Choose a rating for your image (G, PG, R or X). Hopefully any photo you’re using professionally will be G-rated, but if for any reason it is not, this will prevent your naughty picture from showing up on a family-friendly blog.
- Assign an image to each email address. Whenever you post to a gravatar-enabled blog using that email address, your picture will magically appear next to your comment.
The process is even easier if you’re using only one email address and one picture.Don't hide behind a default graphic - show us your smiling face!Click To Tweet
Go ahead, try it, then leave a comment here so we can all see what you look like!
This post was originally published on From the Desk of Janet Barclay.
Photo © konstantynov / depositphotos
A former professional organizer, I'm now a Website Design and Care Specialist. I love helping others succeed by sharing the knowledge and insight I’ve gained through marketing my own business for over 15 years! When I’m away from my desk, I enjoy reading, photography, watching movies, and cooking.