How to Successfully Build Relationships on Social Media
This page may contain links to Amazon.com or other sites from which I may receive commission on purchases you make after clicking on such links. Read my full Disclosure Policy
Welcome to Day 3 of my Social Media mini-series! If you haven’t already, you may want to read The Best Social Media Platforms for Building Your Business and How to Create Successful Social Media Posts before continuing.
Question #3: How have you successfully built relationships on social media?
I wasn’t surprised to discover that the folks from POC’s Halton-Peel Chapter knew some great ways to build relationships on social media, considering that’s how I’ve come to know many of them!
Here are their top recommendations:
- Engage in regular activity on the social media platforms that you choose.
- Make sure your content is appropriate for the platform. (Don’t post pictures of kittens on LinkedIn, for example.)
- Be authentic. Let your conversations reflect your personality.
- Be brief and be timely.
- Share useful resources — not just your own.
- Comment on other people’s posts, and respond to their comments on your posts.
- Follow people with whom you wish to form relationships.
To these excellent suggestions, I would add these:
- Tailor your content to your target audience so you can inspire them to take the next step in the buying journey.
- Use social media as a way to build your email list, so you can further the relationship on your own platform.
Have you successfully built relationships on social media? Please share your stories in the Comments!
This mini-series continues tomorrow with tips and tools for time management and social media.
Photo © vilman – Fotolia.com