What does unique content mean?
This page may contain links to Amazon.com or other sites from which I may receive commission on purchases you make after clicking on such links. Read my full Disclosure Policy
There’s a lot of confusion out there about blog content. Questions I’ve heard include “Someone has asked me for a guest post. Can I offer them that’s already been published on my own blog?” and “What should I blog about? I can’t think of any topics that haven’t already been covered by other organizers.”
Direct sales expert Deb Bixler, who previously explained how and when to go for the upsell, returns today to explain the differences between unique content and original content.
It is important that a blogger understands that all the content they put on their site should be unique to that site.
Unique content does not necessarily mean original.
Google Looks For Unique Content
Google’s job is to find the content that is the best match for the search terms being searched. If many sites have the same content in the same words across the web they are not unique posts. Serious bloggers are very picky about unique content.
Unique content is content that has never been published on the web before in the exact same format nor will it be posted it in the future.
The definition* of the word ‘unique’ is:
- existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics.
- having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable.
- limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area.
- limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities.
- not typical; unusual
Original Blog Content
Original content for your blog on the other hand is a new idea or concept. There are very few new concepts anymore. No one is so great that her or his concepts or ideas were not thought of previously by one of the 6.97 billion other people on earth today.
The definition* of original is:
- belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning.
- new; fresh; inventive; novel.
- arising or proceeding independently of anything else.
- capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.
- created, undertaken, or presented for the first time: to give the original performance of a string quartet.
Your content and your blog posts should all be unique.
They should be unique to your blog, the particular article you are writing and to the entire worldwide web in general.
You may however write on a previously “used” concept or idea several times in the same blog. I guarantee you that your content is not so great that it has never been presented before. You do not have any original content.
Make sure that everything you post IS UNIQUE and the search engines will find you.
Deb Bixler is a direct sales educator who specializes in teaching you how to create a consistent cash flow in businesses. Visit her website to learn how to fill your calendar and grow your team.